I love trying new recipes and I found this in Vegan CupcakesTake Over the World. This cupcake is so dreamy. Take a bite and enjoy!
1 cup soy milk (I used Silk)
1 tsp apple cider vinegar
1 1/4 cups flour
2 tbsp corn starch
3/4 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/3 cup vegetable oil
3/4 cup sugar
2 tsp vanilla extract
1 lemon, zested and juiced
1. Preheat the oven to 350 F and fill your muffin pan with cupcake liners
2. Whisk together the soy milk and vinegar in a small bowl, and set aside for about 10 minutes to let the soy milk curdle
3. In a large bowl, beat together the soy milk/vinegar mixture, oil, sugar, vanilla, lemon juice, and lemon zest
4 .In a second bowl, whisk together the flour, cornstarch, baking powder, baking soda, and salt
5. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, and mix until well combined
6. Fill the cupcake cups, and bake for about 20 minutes (or about 10 minutes for mini cupcakes) or until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted.
Lemon Buttercream Frosting
1 stick (1/2 cup) dairy-free soy margarine, softened
1 lb. confectioners' sugar
2 T. lemon juice
2 T. cold soy milk
1. In a large mixing bowl, beat the dairy-free soy margarine with an electric hand mixer until smooth. Add in the remaining ingredients, beating for about 2 minutes on a medium speed setting until the mixture resembles a thick frosting. Chill slightly before using.