Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Live Again


I noticed a change in me, not one I am proud of. You see, I used to find happiness in the little things; I used to be a positive woman. Today I realized how much I have changed since we moved to Wisconsin, a year ago. I am now cynical, my soul is devoid of joy, I quit working out, and the list goes on. My wonderful, patient husband opened my eyes when he lovingly told me he wants his wife back. It pains him to see me so subdued, so lifeless.

I started thinking about what my compassionate husband said to me. Yes, I am miserable living here, I miss the mountains, and the friends I left behind. But, that doesn’t mean I have to be miserable in my soul. I have a very loving family and I am deeply thankful for my husband. There are many blessings in my life I have chosen to ignore.

It’s time for me to step up and become the person I want to be. It embarrasses and humbles me to think that what I have believed in, what I have lived by, I have thrown out the window and invited a pity party in its wake.

So, starting tomorrow morning I will wake up early while everyone is still sleeping and just have quiet to myself. I’ll give myself time to meditate, time to quiet my soul and open my heart to a beautiful new day dawning.

Each morning I will think of one reason I am blessed and write it down, meditate on it. I might even post it on the fridge as a reminder.

I will start yoga again. I have always loved yoga; it soothes my soul and strengthens my resolve. Yoga has been one way to ease my stress. Since I have high blood pressure, I need to relieve my anxiety.

I will also make special time for my husband and my daughter. It’s been awhile since my daughter and I have spent girl time together.

So, this is my plan to get back on track, physically, emotionally and mentally. I am ready, willing and eager to truly live again.

Isabella

Elle Gallatin is a Health & Wellness Coach, inspiring women to noruish their mind, body and soul. Encouraging women to shine. Visit Elle's website to schedule your free Health History Consultation.

2 comments:

Hug a tree with me said...

Thanks for the follow and the comment. Loving your blog :)
http://hugatreewithme2.blogspot.com

Deana said...

Stay positive, you've already taken the first step!