I love latkes, they are so good and this recipe is delicious. I served this with some applesauce and sour cream. This recipe is courtesy of The Kind Life
1 1/2 pound(s) of russet potatoes, peeled and grated
- In a colander set over a large bowl, place potatoes.
- Using your hands, squeeze out the excess liquid from the potatoes.
- Pour off the liquid and place potatoes in the bowl.
- Add onion to potatoes along with parsley, flour, baking powder, salt, and pepper, and mix well.
- Preheat oven to 275 degrees.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat a thin layer of oil.
- Take a heaping tablespoon of batter and flatten it before gently placing it in the hot oil. Make three or four more potato pancakes this way, and add to skillet without crowding pan. Fry until golden brown on both sides, turning once, about 8 minutes total.
- Repeat with remaining potato mixture, adding more oil as necessary. Remove the cooked potato pancakes to paper towels to drain, then transfer to an ovenproof platter and keep warm in the oven until all pancakes are cooked.